Head of the Department: Grażyna Antczak, MA
Scientific advisors: Professor Marek Paradowski, Łódź Medical University, Anna Pituch-Noworolska, Associate Professor, PhD, Department of Clinical Immunology, Polish-American Institute of Pediatrics Jagiellonian University, Krakow (flow cytometry).
The Department of Laboratory Diagnostics comprises:
Laboratory of General Analytics – +48 41 367 4689
Laboratory of Biochemistry – +48 41 367 4687
Laboratory of Flow Cytometry – +48 41 367 4688
Laboratory of Electrophoresis – +48 41 367 4690
Laboratory of Hematology – +48 41 367 4685
Laboratory of Coagulology – +48 41 367 4686
Material Collection Point and Registration – +48 41 367 4681
Hotline – +48 41 367 4682
We conduct different types of research, including highly specialized one. We have a high quality modern equipment. The quality of research is monitored through the participation in quality control programs including nationwide programs organized by COBJwDL and international ones such as RIQAS, UK NEQAS, LABQUALITY. Annually, we perform approx. 500,000 tests:
- Laboratory of Biochemistry: determination of clinical chemistry and critical parameters. The Laboratory’s equipment comprises 3 biochemical analyzers Integra, Compact 2 and Omni 6 blood gas analyzers.
- Laboratory of Hematology: complete blood count, ESR, cytochemical diagnosis of leukemia. The equipment of this laboratory consists of two analyzers Sysmex XE 2100 (complete blood count, the detection of a number of pathologies such as the presence of erythroblasts, young forms of granulocytes, atypical lymphocytes) and one Sysmex KX 21 hematology analyzer.
- Laboratory of Coagulology - research in the field of hemostasis by means of a BCT analyzer (Behring).
- Laboratory of General Analytics - urinalysis, fluids from body cavities, fecal occult blood tests.
- Laboratory of Proteins –serum and urine protein electrophoresis, detection of monoclonal serum and urine protein by means of immunofixation.
- Laboratory of Flow Cytometry - Immunophenotyping of hematopoietic cells of blood, bone marrow, lymph nodes, the material collected by means of the BAC method and other biological materials in the diagnosis of leukemia and lymphoma; determination of peripheral blood lymphocyte subsets; detecting the presence of antiplatelet antibodies by means of ELISA screening assay.